Personal Alcohol License

A personal licence is required for individuals who wish to sell or supply alcohol or authorise the sale or supply of alcohol under the terms of a premises licence.

A designated premises supervisor must have a personal licence and every premises where alcohol is sold under the terms of a premises licence must have at least one personal licence holder.

An applicant for a personal licence must apply to the licensing authority where they ordinarily live. A licence will last for a period of 10 years unless it is surrendered or forfeited before the expiry date. There is an option to renew the licence for a further 10 years upon expiry.

Anyone working in premises licensed to sell alcohol whose job role involves supervising or authorising members of staff to sell alcohol to the public. Managers, assistant managers or supervisors working in pubs, clubs, bars, restaurants, hotels, convenience stores or supermarkets should apply for a personal licence if their job role involves authorising or supervising sales of alcohol from their premises.