- Great instructor and excellent learning environment. Have recommended over 5 friends and all of them have had the same experience. Honest & trustworthy company.
ByLondon Bridge Participant
- Paul Wilks, London
- The training was wonderful and the physical intervention aspect was brilliant. Trainer was extremely professional and got my result within 5 days.
- Leslie Grey, London
- We have been clients with The Training Circle for over a year now using their SIA courses. Managers and trainers are all helpful and extremely professional.
- Madison Brown, Essex
Why choose us:
- 100% pass results
- Free exam re-sit
- Course material
- Job opportunities
- Book 2 SIA training courses and receive 5% discount
- Refer a friend and get a 5% discount
- Check your SIA results online, by phone with free text notification
- Checking of SIA License and SIA badge application form
- SIA (Security Industry Authority) approved security training
- 15+ years experienced trainers
- Weekday and weekend training
- SIA Door Supervisor training, security guard training, CCTV training courses and other SIA training along with PTLLS training courses in London, Waterloo, Southwark, Hammersmith, Chelmsford, Southend, Basildon, Ashford, Wisbech, Kent, Manchester, Peterborough, Cambridge and Essex or in-house.
SIA Physical Intervention Upskilling Course
The SIA Physical Intervention Upskilling course is now mandatory for all SIA licence holders whose licence is expiring. It is broken down into TWO main areas:
Level 2 Physical Intervention Training ( Practical & Theory )
Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors ( Theory )
By law any door supervisors who are due for renewal of their licence will need to do both the above units ( 1 day course ). Individuals can also choose to just upskill themselves by attending only the Safety awareness section of the course if they already have done a physical intevention course previously. This is not mandatory , but good practice.
What does the Physical Intervention upskilling course cover?
The physical intervention upskilling training covers all aspects relating to workplace violence leading to use of force along with counter terrorism issues, first aid situations and the legislation & requirements regarding children and young people.
The SIA Physical Intervention training consists of the following:
- The requirement to use non-physical skills as far as possible
- The law in relation to "reasonable force" and "self defense"
- The value of assessing a situation before intervening
- Using Physical Intervention as a last resort
- Possible medical implications
- The possible legal implications of the techniques
- Problem solving
- Disengagement techniques
- Escorting and guiding skills
- Holding skills
- Counter terrorism issuesHolding skills
- First aid situations
- Legislation & requirements regarding children & young people
How is the Physical Intervention upskilling course Assessed?
Assessment is through written assessment and practical techniques
How long does the Physical Intervention upskilling course last?
How much does the course cost?
£99 inclusive of VAT and a Level 2 Physical Intervention certificate. Please note that we will need a copy of your prior certificate or SIA badge before you can sit the exam
How do I book the Physical Intervention Training Course?
Click below to book online :
Or call us :
|Freephone||0800 567 7639|
|SIA Courses London||0208 090 1600|
|SIA Courses Chelmsford/Essex||01245 206 200|
Let us call you back. Simply fill the Request Callback form.